By Andrew L. Folpe MD, Carrie Y. Inwards MD
Bone and tender Tissue Pathology: A quantity within the Diagnostic Pathology sequence, by way of Andrew L. Folpe, MD and Carrie Y. Inwards, MD, packs modern-day so much crucial bone and tender tissue pathology information right into a compact, high-yield layout! The book's pragmatic, well-organized approach-complemented by means of plentiful full-color, top of the range illustrations and at-a-glance tables-makes it effortless to entry the data you must fast and correctly establish pathology specimens. better of all, professional seek advice performance offers on-line entry to the whole textual content of the publication, downloadable illustrations in your own use, and extra. the result's a pragmatic, cheap reference for examine and assessment in addition to for daily medical perform.
- Includes entry to the whole contents on-line, totally searchable, downloadable illustrations on your own use, and extra, permitting you to refer to the textual content a short, handy demeanour.
- Reviews basic histology earlier than interpreting irregular findings, permitting you to very easily evaluate their features in a single position at one time.
- Covers either neoplastic and non-neoplastic stipulations of bone and delicate tissue to equip you to satisfy quite a lot of diagnostic demanding situations.
- Uses a constant, trouble-free structure to discover each one entity's medical beneficial properties, pathologic positive aspects (gross and microscopic), ancillary reviews, differential diagnoses, and prognostic and healing considerations...making it effortless to find particular info on a selected entity.
- Features plentiful packing containers and tables all through that increase the presentation and accessibility of the fabric.
- Offers approximately 1,000 full-color, high quality illustrations that exhibit the main beneficial properties of a large choice of pathologic lesions to facilitate better accuracy in identity of specimens.
The Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology sequence solutions the decision for clean, reasonable, and easy-to-use suggestions. each one region-specific quantity offers all the such a lot crucial details at the pathologic entities encountered in perform. sequence Editor: John R. Goldblum, MD, FACP, FASCP, FACG Your buy entitles you to entry the website until eventually the subsequent version is released, or till the present version is not any longer provided on the market by means of Elsevier, whichever happens first. Elsevier reserves the precise to supply an appropriate alternative product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based digital model) may still entry to the website be discontinued.
Read Online or Download Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology: A Volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series, Expert Consult - Online and Print PDF
Similar oncology books
This e-book covers a wide spectrum of complementary and replacement drugs (CAM) practices hired in pediatric oncology around the globe, with a unique specialise in the tools general in Western international locations. it's a scientifically dependent, practice-oriented guide that would meet the desires of pediatric oncologists operating in clinical practices and hospitals.
Palliative care offers entire aid for significantly affected sufferers with any life-limiting or life-threatening prognosis. to do that successfully, it calls for a disease-specific procedure because the sufferers’ wishes and scientific context will range looking on the underlying prognosis. specialists within the box of palliative care and oncology describe intimately the desires of sufferers with complex melanoma compared to people with non-cancer ailment and in addition determine the necessities of sufferers with various melanoma entities.
Sufferers with melanoma can be afflicted by a bewildering number of neurologic symptoms. The neurologic indicators are frequently extra disabling than the first melanoma. signs together with confusion, seizures, soreness and paralysis could be a results of both metastases to the apprehensive method or one of the nonmetastatic issues of melanoma.
- Pediatric Oncology
- High-Dose Cancer Therapy: Pharmacology, Hematopoietins, Stem Cells, 3rd edition
- Estrogen Versus Cancer
- Oxford textbook of communication in oncology and palliative care
Additional resources for Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology: A Volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series, Expert Consult - Online and Print
Patients describe a small (<2 to 3 cm), sometimes painful mass that develops rapidly (often <1 month). It can be seen anywhere in the body but is most common in the upper extremities (50% of cases), especially in the subcutaneous tissue of the forearm. , vulva, lymph node capsule, parotid gland, dermis). A previous history of trauma is given in 10% to 20% of cases. 5-cm, well-circumscribed, nonencapsulated intramuscular nodule in the left thigh of a 13-year-old boy. *These entities will not be considered in this chapter because of their rarity.
28 BONE AND SOFT TISSUE PATHOLOGY A B C Figure 2-9 A, Gastrointestinal stromal tumor with uniform expression of both CD117 (c-kit) (B) and protein kinase C-θ (C). Protein kinase C-θ expression may be valuable in the diagnosis of CD117-negative gastrointestinal stromal tumors. in clinical specimens. This technique has two steps (Figure 2-14). In the first step, complementary DNA (cDNA) is synthesized from RNA using the RT enzyme. In a second step, the cDNA is amplified by means of conventional PCR, using exonic primers for characteristic sequences that flank the translocation breakpoints.
J Clin Oncol 2002;20:2672–2679. Tognon C, Knezevich SR, Huntsman D, et al: Expression of the ETV6NTRK3 gene fusion as a primary event in human secretory breast carcinoma. Cancer Cell 2002;2:367–376. Tuveson DA, Fletcher JA: Signal transduction pathways in sarcoma as targets for therapeutic intervention. Curr Opin Oncol 2001;13: 249–255. van de Rijn M, Rubin BP: Gene expression studies on soft tissue tumors. Am J Pathol 2002;161:1531–1534. West RB, Corless CL, Chen X, et al: The novel marker, DOG1, is expressed ubiquitously in gastrointestinal stromal tumors irrespective of KIT or PDGFRA mutation status.
Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology: A Volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series, Expert Consult - Online and Print by Andrew L. Folpe MD, Carrie Y. Inwards MD